Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    El Torcal del Antiquerra,

    October 20, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    After literally 3 hours sleep were both up at 6:30am and Russ was really hanging this morning after a heavy night on the beers. Unfortunately we’d already agreed to do a sunrise walk up the mountains of Competa with Margaret’s, Russell, so we had to be there for 7:45am.
    By the time we got there we both felt a little more with it and after another coffee with Russell, we set off through the town and along the side of the mountain. There were beautiful views and the whole town is typically Spanish, white houses all stacked on top of each other running up the hillside with a rabbit warren of tiny winding roads in between. What should have been a 30 minute walk turned into nearly 2 hours and after another coffee back at Margaret’s at 9:30am we said our goodbyes and we headed off to our next destination that Margaret had given us.
    El Torcal del Antiquerra, a huge formation of rocks set upon a mountainside thousands of feet up. It’s a stunning site and was completely mobbed with tourists and tour buses when we arrived so we decided to make lunch, shut the blinds and catch up on some sleep that we didn’t get last night.
    At 3:30 we went for a short wander around and a little hike into the mountains, it really is a most beautiful landscape so we have decided to try and push our luck and sleep in the car park at the top of the mountain for tonight. It’s officially on park4night and other people have done it and they all say it’s beautiful and starry skies at night so tonight we might get the star tracker out and get some Milky Way shots.
    Read more