Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Walking el caminito del rey

    October 22, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    It was an early start this morning after spending the night in our parking space at the el Caminito del Rey. 6:15am we were up, just enough time for a couple of coffees, to feed Diego his bottle and get dressed before leaving at 7:15am for the long hike to the ticket booth at 8am.
    Getting there just before 8am we were surprised to see we weren’t the first there and our friendly little motorhome friend had even got there first at 6am. We then felt a little guilty thinking we didn’t get out of bed until 6:15 and he was already cueing up at that time. The bad news was the ticket booth didn’t open until 9am so we had an hour wait.
    At 9am they opened the booth, we managed to get tickets for €10, we had a very brief safety briefing and off we went.
    200ft above the gorge floor with raging water underneath us, the sun was just rising and we were now on a boardwalk 3ft across and 5km long with the wind trying to take us off at every bend in the rock. The views were beyond amazing, the light was perfect for pictures with the sun just rising and the further we walked the more the crowds dispersed and we had parts of the walk to ourselves. This really was every thing we had hoped for and more.
    At the end of the walk we managed to get a shuttle bus back to the entrance for €1:50 each, and then it was a short walk back to Wanda.
    Read more