Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    The ancient city of Ronda

    October 22, 2021 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    From el Caminito del Rey we took a 30 mile drive to Ronda, this was second on the photography bucket list for Russ and when we arrived it was 38.4°c....... roasting!!
    We parked in the most amazing airè with security barriers, cameras and a guard. With free water, WiFi and a dump station and for an extra 2 euros we also had electric. It was so hot that the roller blinds were burning up on the sunny side so after feeding Diego we were a little worried about leaving him but he likes the heat and he needs it, but to be safe we left him on the bathroom floor where it was a little cooler and we went off to explore the city.
    We had to walk through the whole town to get to the old part of the city which took ages and we got lost. Our first stop was the old bullring in the centre of the old city which was fascinating but a little brutal and barbaric for our liking, but the history was fascinating. Then it was off to the old walls which Russ really wanted to photograph and it was another mega hike down a hill to get to the perfect viewpoint but Russ would to tell you it was well worth it for once in a lifetime photos.
    Then it was back to Wanda, walking down the main thoroughfare stopping for a Mango ice cream and a Ferrero Rochè ice cream which we both agreed were the best ice creams we had,had. Then it was back to Diego because he needed feeding.
    Unfortunately throughout the day Diego looked as if he was going down hill, he didn’t want to eat, he’d had a funny tummy since 2 days after we had got him and he had been really quiet for 2 days and this evening was the same. He didn’t want to eat and now it looked as though he had blood in his urine. But we have done the best we could have done.
    After a feeding Diego it was back down the main thoroughfare to get some food and we chose pizza, a Mediterranean pizza and it was massive so big that we couldn’t finish it with the 2 of us.
    All evening we worried about Diego, he still wouldn’t eat and he looked like he was having a seizure at one point so we cleaned him, changed all his bedding, both gave him a kiss and made him comfortable for the night. And then we went to bed worried and upset.
    Read more