Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Le Playas de La Catedrales

    November 4, 2021 in Spain ⋅ 🌧 12 °C

    Last night we didn’t get a lot of sleep. We were parked up next to camper vans and we’ve realised that vanlifers are a completely different breed. It seems that when they park up there vans explode and all there contents from within spread themselves everywhere. Not only that, they seem to have a private competition between themselves on who has the loudest doors when they close and how many times they can open and close them. Not only that, they also don’t have clocks or any knowledge of time because they were rocking up at the hot springs until 2am and then starting to leave from 4am.
    Also they are completely oblivious to others that may be sleeping because it seems that if your a vanlifer and your cold it’s alright to keep turning your engine on and running the heaters no matter what time of the night it is. And it’s also perfectly acceptable it seems, to get your tackle out in public and start urinating.
    Apart from that we slept fine, and I took great delight in getting up at 6:30 and trying to make as much noise as I could before jumping in the hot springs again before leaving on what was supposed to be another mega drive of 280 miles to the north of Spain.
    After a 100 mile trek we stopped for diesel snd 3 miles down the road there was a dump station for motorhomes so we pulled in there, emptied the grey and the toilet and refilled with fresh water. Then it was back on the motorways but we had chosen not to take the toll roads this time as it was only 5 miles longer and an extra 30 minutes on our journey compared to the toll roads. Another 30 miles along and we spotted a sign that said playa de La catedrales.
    I asked Ellie to google it quickly as we were speaking to a man from Belgium yesterday and he mentioned it.
    It looked awesome from the photos and a photographers dream so we turned Wanda around and headed back and a quick search on park4night led us to a great little car park with a few other motorhomers and unfortunately vanlifers, but we do have the best view in the house and having checked the tide table I seem to be the only one with any knowledge of when low water is, so at 11:30am tomorrow we are heading down to the beach to shoot the beach of cathedrals.
    Read more