Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    Alone in the mountains

    November 5, 2021 in Spain ⋅ 🌧 8 °C

    This morning again we had a very rude awakening by a vanlifer, rocking up next to us in the car park at 3:30am and then proceeding to bang every door in the van while they sorted themselves out. That just reinforces my beliefs that vanlifers are the entitled of the road.
    So at 6:30am when I got up I dropped the electric step, opened and closed the habitation door and then opened and closed the cab doors very loudly just because I could.
    Then at 9am much to our delight a bread van pulled into the car park beeping his horn like there was no tomorrow, that definitely woke the buggers up.
    At 9:30am we proceeded down the steps and into the beach to be greeted by sea caves and arches galore. We scrambled over wet rocks and rock pools to get to the 3 arches and we were one of the first there along with other photographers who had tripods. I didn’t take mine because I knew it wouldn’t be free of people long enough to do long exposures and it wasn’t but I did shoot super fast and lots of exposures so I can stack the pictures later. These other photographers were very frustrated and kept on shouting at people to move out the way.
    We spent about an hour in the beach and had a good break in the weather before we set off for a small car park in the Sienda National park to spend the night.
    When we arrived at 2pm it was raining hard so we made lunch and chilled for a couple of hours and as the rain wasn’t stopping we just decided to head out anyway. We took the famous Torres de osos route or the path of bears because in this region of Spain they do have wild bears. Off we went over a beautiful lake on a long wooden bridge and along the mountain path. It was a beautiful walk, even in the rain and we did get very wet but the walk spurred Ellie on to look for a place that might have bears.
    It turns out that tomorrow’s park up in Terverga is famous for the bears so tomorrow we will be going on a bear hunt. But tonight we’ll be spending the night alone listening to the rain and hopefully getting a full nights sleep.
    Read more