Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 51

    Paris to Formerie

    November 22, 2021 in France ⋅ ⛅ 4 °C

    We did not have a great nights sleep. We were both completely exhausted, the arsehole vanlifers next to us decided to get up at 5:30am and proceeded to play there symphony of banging doors for 10 minutes before going to bed which obviously woke us up, so at 6am we were both up, bleary eyed and stocking up on coffee.
    We were going to have breakfast but as we were putting the oven on 3 classic mustang cars pulled up and started setting up a boules session, and then more classic mustangs pulled up and there was a fear of getting blocked in so at 10am we left Meudon.
    I had found a quiet little airè in a tiny village called Formerie. All of the reviews were 5 star, it had water, electric and was supposed to be quiet so that was our destination. We had opted for a lazy day as we were both tired from our 14 mile hike around Paris and decided we would hook up, pay for an airè and watch DVDs for the day.
    On route we found an open supermarket which is rare for a Sunday in France so we bought some fresh bread, cakes and non alcoholic beer and then went to get diesel. We found an intermarchè which had a laundrette so we decided we’d waste an hour there and done our final laundry wash of the trip, then we headed into Formerie.
    Our airè is beautiful, it’s small with only 6 places and there’s 2 other motorhomers here but they are both closed up with the blinds down and heaters on. It’s set at the end of dead end road next to a farm so except for the odd tractor there is no traffic noise. We explored the town which is closed on a Sunday and it is a typical French town with a square and the shops surrounding it so tomorrow we will explore that.
    This looks like a good camp, so we hooked up. Closed the blinds and put the heaters on.
    The temperature outside has rapidly been dropping the further we have pushed up and it’s currently only 7°c outside and it’s set to drop to 3°c overnight so we are in for a cold spell but I’m confident that Wanda will keep us warm.
    At 6pm we made dinner, washed up and then abused the hot water and heating by both having a shower and then settled in to watch TV for the night.
    Read more