Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 51

    A night in Formerie and well needed rest

    November 22, 2021 in France ⋅ ⛅ 6 °C

    We had a lovely nights sleep. It got down to just 2°c outside and 7°c in Wanda but as soon as I woke up at 8:30 I out the diesel heater on and it was up to 20°c in a matter of minutes.
    At 11am we went for a walk around the town and bought some fresh bread and mushroom soup from the little shop and then came back to Wanda and had lunch.
    Then I refilled the water and put the heaters back on low and we just chilled for the afternoon watching Dexter on DVD until dinner time and then Ben called on facetime so we spent 30 minutes talking to him and catching up. Then with the washing up done we went back to Dexter and just as we did, what turned up? A VW transporter Camper...... I quickly jumped up and ran outside, undone the side box and started pulling stuff out onto the floor so it looked like we had just got there and if I was out they wouldn’t park next to us.
    The van pulled in, I gave a wave a luckily they parked the other side of the airè so I put the stuff away and went back inside to another symphony of sliding and banging doors for the next couple of hours until finally they decided to stay in, keep the doors shut and go to sleep.
    Once it was safe that’s what we did to. We’d had a very lazy day but it was needed and tomorrow we’re going to push up a little bit further.
    Read more