Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Hiking trails and biking trails

    October 8, 2022 in France ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    This morning we woke up at 7:30 feeling rejuvenated after our long day yesterday. It rained most of the night but it didn’t bother us as we were to tired to care.
    After a light breakfast we hit the road at 8:30am, as the hunters were arriving with there hounds and horses. Hunting season is a big thing in France and Spain we noticed on our last visit.
    We did our first shop in Lidl on the way to Orleans to get enough food to last us until Monday as everything still closes on Sundays in France unless you are in a tourist area.
    We managed to fill up with diesel around the corner from Lidl and everyone was filling Jerry Cans, this is when we found out the fuel refineries in France are on strike and getting fuel in northern France is becoming a problem, luckily we managed to get a full tank and we should be ok now until we hit the south west area.
    We found a beautiful car park surrounded by trees on Park4night in the tiny village of Marcilly-en-Villete and headed for that, it was just the other side of Orleans and we arrived at 3pm.
    In the car park there was lots of signs pointing towards trails for walking, biking and even horse riding. They also had QR Codes on the maps so you can download a route and have it on your phone.
    Russ did this almost straight away for the longest bike trail and uploaded it to his biking app then he got changed and went off for nearly 2 hours down gravel tracks and through the woods. Ellie chose to go in a hike instead around the nearby river, over bridges and then back to Wanda.
    This really is a beautiful little village and they are currently holding a medieval festival, and tonight we should have fireworks in the nearby park, but we’re not sure if we’ll still be awake for those.
    Read more