Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Saint-Lary-Soulan to Lamagdalaine

    November 18, 2022 in France ⋅ 🌧 11 °C

    We had a great nights sleep, it was well worth the money we spent just to have solid peace and quiet all night and we both slept right through from 11pm until 7am.
    It was a chilly 7°c outside and 11°c inside when I got out of bed to put the kettle on and I did consider putting the fire on but thought I would save the gas for a Later date, and I wanted to be on the road early. Now we really needed water and the battery is looking a little low on power as we haven’t had a good spell of sunshine for days.
    Just before 9am we were ready to leave and I’d plotted a route into TomTom. Our first stop was a Super U supermarket where they had fresh water and a dump station. Ellie thought we needed electric to boost the battery so we were going to drive past a few things just to get to an airè with electric and it was a 140 mile trip in total.
    We left the mountains of the Pyrenees shrouded in grey clouds almost at ground level and headed north. Our first stop was just 44 miles away and it didn’t divert us atall and we popped into the Super U to stock up on a few bits and see if we could get Ben any Christmas goodies but it was quite expensive so we just got a couple of Pizzas for dinner and we’ll stick to Lidl. The dump and fill station was situated just off of the main car park and it was easy to get to and our new hose attachments work well and within 5 minutes we had refilled 100 litres of water and we were moving again with 100 miles left to travel.
    It was a slow drive of 50mph most of the way here. There were no motorways and it was country lanes pretty much the whole route with winding hilly roads and lots of bends so it was tough trying to keep a good speed and at times it felt like we were crawling along, especially when we passed through villages and had to drop to 30mph.
    Just before we got to our parking spot in Lamagdalaine we passed around the outskirts of Cahours, it looked like a big city with lots of bridges and cathedrals so if the weather holds out we might go back there tomorrow for the day.
    At 3pm we arrived at our airè for the night. It is an airè du campingcar park and we had already topped our membership card up before we left England. However we hadn’t registered the vehicle so we had to pay anyway to get in.
    It’s a nice sight with pretty views of green fields and hills and it has working electric and water. There were 2 motorhomes here already when we arrived and 2 more arrived later in the evening. The town isn’t offering anything except a convenience store but it’s a handy stop for an overnight stay and it’s quiet.
    It rained on and off pretty much for the rest of the day which didn’t really matter, we were both tired from a long drive and as there’s nothing here to see we didn’t feel as though we were missing anything, so instead of going out we decided to abuse the electrical supply and both have hot showers and then chill out for the rest of the day.
    Read more