Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Atlanterhavsvegen -Atlantic Scenic Route

    September 24, 2021 in Norway ⋅ 🌧 10 °C

    After a night in Halså we set out for our next Scenic Route - I had to argue this one with Jeanette „we‘ve seen enough bridges and coastline drives“, but even if the weather was not promising I had to see it (with strong wind the wave gushes would be epic!).
    The weather was windy, cloudy and rainy - I fully suspected it would be only a little picture taking. But we got super lucky: as we got to the parking spots and vorweint platform at the first bridge and walked around the special built way the skies cleared and some sun started to shine through and the wind died down. It lasted just enough for a short drone flight and some pictures - as you can see back in the car ride it started raining again - perfect timing!!!
    The bridges are really impressive - especially from birds and side view.
    Next stop was the town Molde. On our trip we had fallen in love with the Sport Outlet shop- we had been to two already and we saw they had a SkiErg (a cardio machine that mimics skating) which is an exact copy of the Concept2 for a steal of €500. Can it be any good? Does it have to be great for that price? Well, can a nation of skaters live with a brand that wouldn’t make a good one? We didn’t think so. So we checked online and this store had one in stock. We made the poor lady dig it out of the storage. She also informed us today is a great day as you get any one item for 50% off in this store today - we should sign up for an online store card & account.
    Wait, did we just get a €1200 machine for €250?!? - We only had to completely repack the camper as it filled 85% of our under bed storage - but we did in the pouring rain.
    We treated ourselves to some lunch from the Eurospar (whose parking and shelter we had used) and set off towards our next goal ( Geiranger) to knock 2hrs driving off of the clock today. We used a tunnel that went under the airport and ocean! They build crazy stuff here!
    Read more