Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    La Tranca

    November 7, 2015 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Malaga has been good for us. It's a very livable city with an interesting history but there aren't a million tourist attractions and consequently, it's not flooded with tourists. As a result, we've been able to take it easy and just enjoy day to day life here.

    We've been enjoying the wonderful fruits available in Spain as well as Roch's culinary skills once again. In fact, we only went out for our first meal yesterday even though we've been here for almost 2 weeks.

    In our many jaunts to the old city and the beach, we often passed in front of a small tapas bar called "La Tranca". The place was always full of locals and so we decided to join the crowd. We sat at the bar and ordered 2 slices of vegetarian tortilla made with lots of spinach-like greens and a cana each. The tortilla was really tasty and unbelievably inexpensive (1.50€) for the huge portion we got. We also ordered the chickpea cazuela not knowing that it would have many chunks of pork in it. We ate it nonetheless; it was also really delicious though we both commented on how odd and unpleasant it was to have meat stuck in your teeth!

    Our barman/waiter was a really nice guy and he did his best to speak to us in English. The vibe of the whole place was ace.

    The cazuela was 2€ each and the canas were 1.40€ for a total of 9.80€.
    Read more