Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Finishing the high Tatra half circle

    July 1, 2020 in Slovakia ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    The morning started with an enormous breakfast, sun and nice views of the Tatra mountains. What else could you wish for as a cyclist?
    We left our guesthouse and started into a great day of cycling. The first little path was a bit adventurous and we had to push the bikes through some muddy bits. Then we followed the main road along the mountain range and Tatra National Park. We were happy we were here on a weekday. I can imagine it's very busy with tourists on weekends.
    The road led back into Slovakia, went around the Tatra on the East side and then turned West along the South side of the Tatra. We had to climb a lot, but with a steady elevation gain and spectacular nature it felt really easy. Plus, we also had some nice downhills.
    As we had some time left in the afternoon, we decided to do a little detour to Lake Strbske Pleso which was the highest point of our Europe trip so far. From here, we only had to roll downhill to Svit where we were welcomed by Tom and Luba, our warmshowers hosts. They also had to cut their Panamericana trip short because of Covid, so we had lots to talk about.
    Read more