Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 56

    Exploring the Danube Delta

    July 24, 2020 in Romania ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Our boat trip in the Danube delta started at 6am. It's definitely the best time to see the animals. We had booked a 3 hour tour around some lakes with our campground hosts and it was absolutely fantastic! Apart from white pelicans, cormorants, a couple of eagles and kingfisher, we saw thousands of other birds. It was very impressive. Furthermore, we could observe frogs and snakes and the local fishermen. Our captain knows the area very well, so he took all the shortcuts through the high reeds which was fun. What a great experience altogether, the detour was definitely worth it!
    After we got back to the campground, we had a second breakfast and took off. We had a lunch break in a small village and as it was still early, we continued to a campground in Jurilovca. Here, we had a look at the harbour where the boats leave to bring the tourists across the lake to the Black Sea. Afterwards, we decided to give ourselves a treat and went to a restaurant for dinner. We ordered fish for the taste and pizza for the calories and tried the local wine. Before going to bed, we cycled to a nearby cape to see the sunset and had a beer with our camp neighbours, a Belgium couple with 3 kids.
    Read more