Satellite
Show on map
  • Departure Time

    July 11, 2019 in Belgium ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Hi there! My name is Norah, and together with my Twin sister we're about the experience the journey of our life: It’s finally departure time for a safari by horse in South-Africa!

    We've had sleepless nights dreaming about this vivid adventure by horse, what better way to discover the Big Five by horse? You get to come extra close, feel the excitement and danger from closely and truly blend in nature. Both of us were very happy to start this adventure together, because what better way to share such incredible journey than with your own family.

    After our positive experiences with "Vakantie Te Paard" (aka In The Saddle in UK) in Brazil and Finland, we definitely wanted to go for another ride this year, 2019. Stephanie did an amazing job guiding us through all questions and materials, so everything was well prepared and ready for departure. Saddle the horses, here we come.

    Tip: Lara and I bought 2 Power banks of 18k mAh, because we weren't sure about the electric facilities in our tent camps. These power banks are quite small, but still considerable weight, so depends on your personal preference. We took this capacity because it can charge iPhones covering 3 days. Personally, I had 3 iPhones with me: one for the excellent camera, one for the blog writing and apps (takes more energy) and one spare iPhone. Looking back at it, I didn't need my spare one, but I was happy to bring two iPhones so we could constantly charge to other one when riding. So, depends on yourself, but the power banks we would really recommend (especially in Botswana).

    Tip: Always try to ask for an upgrade to business class at the canter of the airport when checking in. Lara proved this brilliant idea, because sometimes airline companies give away left-over seats in business class for fair prices. And lucky us, we had the two final seats available for just €70 extra (flight from Brussel to Cairo, 4hour flight). This not only gave us additional leg space and bigger sleeping beds, but also access to airport business lounge (Brussels Airport) with free food, drinks and good Wi-Fi. Out trip started off well I'd say! Here we go.
    Read more