Satellite
Show on map
  • Transit in Cairo, Egypt

    July 11, 2019 in Egypt ⋅ 🌙 31 °C

    We arrived safe and sound in Cairo, Egypt for a transit of 3 hours to Johannesburg. Unfortunately, the flight was already scheduled with delay of 45min. So, after our Business Class upgrade with EgyptAir, we tried to enter the Business Lounge in airport as well. Points for us because we actually made it inside without paying anything, knowing that is costs normally 40$ per person.

    The story is that actually our VISA’s got declined (which is very strange, because VISA should work internationally and Lara even tried out 3 VISA’s), they didn’t accept cash, so we were basically stuck to a wall with no food or drinks to buy in the entire airport. So the guy allowed us to sneak in, so thankful!

    Funny side note: The guy was clearly flirting with us, so there was definitely some room to score a free entrance. “Do you have a map? Because I’m lost in your eyes.” - please Mister that won’t work. But thank you for letting us in. You can have a picture in return (which actually happened as the Chef wanted one).

    Tip: Activate your debit card for transit countries as well. In this case, Egypt was not activated because we stayed there only for 3-4 hours. As our VISA was not working, luckily they accepted cash (€ or $).
    Read more