Satellite
Show on map
  • Welcome to Camp Davidson

    July 12, 2019 in South Africa ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Around 1.30pm, we made it to Camp Davidson guided by Rachel. She explained that the week would be basically all about eating and riding, which are the two things we absolutely love this most. Seems like we're already at the right spot.

    Next, we were introduced to our lodges and accommodation. Lara and I had tent 1, but I wouldn't really call it a tent, because it was more glamping. It was just amazing! Rachel explained us how baboons trashed our tent the previous night, so they didn't have enough time to fix it. This resulted in our bathroom with open roof. We could already see ourselves have a bathroom stop or shower outside under the stars.

    The main living room was a big tent, with this beautiful zebra carpet and colonial furniture. We could already see ourselves reading some books in here, or chit-chat around the table during all meals. We also noticed the big swimming pool when walking towards the living room tent, it was breath-taking! The view, the colour of the water and the jungle around it: so perfect. There are no mosquitos in winter, however the water was a bit too cold to swim (10 degrees Celsius). But I might try out the sun beds later. Love this place!!
    Read more