Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    British Museum & Wicked

    October 5, 2017 in England ⋅ 🌙 11 °C

    Late start today (again) but managed to squeeze in some British museum viewing. It's so massive. Quite good though. Only scratched the surface but enjoyed the Roman, Greek and Vikings exhibits (lots of information and weapons and armour). Japan section also interesting (with some intriguing artworks).

    They have random objects on a LGBTQ trail where they look at things from that lens - bit different and quite interesting (didn't know that the Emperor Hadrian a.k.a "Wally" had a male lover).

    Saw the Rosetta stone - pretty cool. Oh yeah, pretty sure most of the exhibits and artefacts were probably stolen (not explicitly mentioned but you can connect the dots).

    Even had some Maori items in there. Overall a really good museum.

    A bubble tea then Thai with Em, TK et al. Rosa's near the Apollo Victoria. Quite a nice meal.

    Then off to Wicked with Em and TK (our final musical of this trip). Very good! Loved the story/plot (might be not as good if you already know the story?). Seats were good and relatively cheap. Few good songs (our favourite was Defying Gravity) - though no real punchy finale. Would make a good movie.

    Our final musical ranking based on ones we've seen:

    1) Les Miserables
    2) Book of Mormon
    3) Matilda = Wicked
    4) Phantom of the Opera (seen in Wellington)
    5) Lion King

    6) Aladdin
    Read more