Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 106

    Tigre time!

    December 18, 2017 in Argentina ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Went on an airbnb experience to the Tigre delta today. So much fun!!

    Took metro then train. They have orderly queues as marked on the ground - well organised train stations. Train was a bit late possibly due to the national strike (more on that later). Got there on time and found our hosts (and eventually found the other chap - a British techno/drum musician).

    Cruised along the river with our hosts and enjoyed some of the interesting history of the delta. Went down little canals beneath trees and saw little houses. Saw the supermarket boat that goes around the houses selling water and groceries etc.

    Eventually made our way to a restaurant on the edge of the UNESCO marshlands, with a view over to Buenos Aires in the distance.

    Had a fantastic schnitzel with chips and salad, followed by brownie and flan with dulce de leche. A lovely time although we got a little bit sunburnt (yes even Radi who'd never been sunburnt prior to this).

    On the way back we stretched out on the front of the boat as we cruised more back streams. By this time there were riots and people throwing rocks at police in Buenos Aires so our host very kindly gave us a ride back to town, which was very nice. Except for the part where her car broke down by the slums, only to then be towed to a spot in town right near the riots...

    Was fine though, we just walked back to our accomodation which was in the opposite direction.

    A great day overall!
    Read more