Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    Day 2 - Sucre

    May 24, 2017 in Bolivia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    We woke after a great nights sleep and headed down for breakfast. It was a huge spread with every kind of fruit you can imagine and lots of different types of bread and condiments.

    Whist eating breakfast we could hear the faint sound of a marching band making its was towards the hostel. Could it be that they'd followed us all the way from Valpo!?

    We tried to leave the building and go for a walk but the streets were too busy the way we originally planned to go. We were about to make a hasty retreat when we bumped into Amy and Richard, a couple we met on the horse riding tour in Mendoza. They said that if we headed up the road next to our hostel and up the hill we could reach a mirador look out over Sucre. It was also the opposite direction to the crowds of people so we thought it a great plan. Whilst only a minute or so into our walk we then bumped into Rachel who we shared a room with in San Pedro. She too suggested the mirador look out and also said there was a nice cafe up there with deck chairs where you can sit and enjoy the view. She also suggested a museum called 'Museo de Arte Indigena', so that was our afternoon sorted!

    The walk up to the lookout was quite a steep hill with steps at the top for the final leg. After a minute of catching our breath we were then amazed by the view. We took a few snaps then made our way to the cafe Rachel recommended. I had a yummy tuna sandwich with fresh mango and pineapple juice whilst Blake was treated to her first cup of English tea in two months and a chicken sandwich.

    Once we had paid up we headed to the Museo de Arte Indigena. Entry was around £2.50 and we were told something we had no clue what it meant in Spanish. Turned out when we gave our ticket to the next person to enter the first women had said we close in 20 minutes... a quick museum trip that was!!

    Later that afternoon we heading to a bar called Florin to join Jordan, Nic, Amy and Richard to watch the football. We were less interested in the football and more about the beers and cocktails that continued to flow for the next couple of hours, including some bright green shots called shrek! Feeling pretty inebriated we decided to eat at the Chinese/Thai restaurant. I don't have much recollection after that other than waking up at 2am to be sick.
    Read more