Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 95

    Day 2 - Wayalailai

    July 6, 2017 in Fiji ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    We were definitely spoilt on Beachcomber. The accommodation and food was really good. Here, you have to get to meals really early otherwise there is nothing left. We therefore went down to breakfast early as we didn't want to go without. Luckily this place is in paradise so you don't mind too much.

    For breakfast we had French toast, pancakes and porridge. It was all cold except for the porridge but we stocked up as we needed our energy for the mornings activity, swimming with sharks. I was a little nervous about this as I wasn't sure how big these sharks were going to be.

    We headed down to the beach to collect our flippers, got on the boat and headed out to the reef which was really far out from the shore. When we arrived they parked up and we jumped in. You didn't even need to look for the sharks or fishes as they were everywhere. The sharks were white tip sharks and the biggest was about a meter long which was a good size. I still wasn't a massive fan when they swam right towards me though. The fish were amazing, and there were so many colours. We have some good footage on the go pro too!

    We arrived back on the island just before 10am and then had the rest of the day for relaxing. Lunch was served up on the beach and we were allowed to use cutlery with dinner. We made a quick escape before they tried to make us play more musical statues though.
    Read more