Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 137

    Glenorchy

    August 17, 2017 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    We had a lazy morning before heading to a nearby pool for a shower. You could pay $4 for a shower or $6 to use the facilities so as it was raining we decided to pay the extra $2 and have a bit of a swim. We didn't quite make it to the lane swimming area though as we got distracted by the kids pool with rapids so we swam around there for a bit before jumping in the spa pool which was very nice!

    A couple of people we had bumped into mentioned that we should make the trip out to Glenorchy which is an hour outside Queenstown so we headed out there after our swim. It was a beautiful drive along the side of the lake and when we arrived we found a nice spot to pull up for lunch next to the lake. The weather was a bit pants so we didn't fancy going for a walk. Instead we popped into Mrs Woolly's General Store which is a treasure trove of all kinds of pointless nik naks that had absolutely no practical use but were very pretty! After a browse we headed back into Queenstown.

    We haven't stopped thinking about Fergburger and all the other flavours we could of had so we decided to be naughty and go back there for dinner. It is the only Fergburger in the world and we are leaving Queenstown tomorrow so it would be rude not to. This time I opted for the Bombay Chicken burger which was chicken tenderloins marinated in a chilli and coriander yoghurt with cucumber raita, mango chutney and salad. I thought my last burger was amazing but this was epic! Simon went for the Sweet Bambi which was a Fiordland deer burger with Brie, caramelised onion chutney and salad. Needless to say we were very happy customers... again.
    Read more