Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 158

    Day 10 - Melbourne

    September 7, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    We pottered around in the morning before we left to go and see Jack one of Blakes old uni friends for lunch. We had arranged to meet at 2.30pm at a highly recommended restaurant called Rice Paper Scissors however the kitchen closed at 2.30pm and the restaurant at 3pm. School boy error! We were however right at the top of China town though so it didn't take long for us to find another spot. We tucked into a $12 lunch menu and ala token side of dumplings! Unfortunately being pretty useless and laid back at the moment we totally forgot to take any pictures.

    On our way back Blake had decided, in the hope for sun this weekend at Phillip island, that we should probably invest in some suncream. Not only did we buy some but we bought THE biggest 1 litre tub in the store! Turns out it was the cheapest one we've bought so far however now we just need an extra bag to transport it in.

    For the evenings activities we were introduced to the world of Aussie rules football or the AFL. I had seen it on TV before but didn't have the faintest idea what the actual game was all about. With a quick lesson from Maddy whilst we ate our giant burger and chips in the pub we were all set to watch the game.
    Read more