Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 214

    Day 3 - Brisbane

    November 2, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Today is our last day in Brisbane before we head down to Byron Bay so we decided to pick the hire car up early and make a day of it.

    Our first stop was Mt Coot-tha which had a number of different trails up to the top where you got a great panoramic view of Brisbane. We chose the summit walk which took around 45 minutes winding through the trees. Half way up we made a small detour to visit Slaughter Falls however when we arrived at the waterfall it was bone dry! At the top of Mt Coot-ha the view was incredible! It was a very warm walk up so we treated ourselves to a Magnum ice cream each to help us cool off. Back at the car we still had hours to kill before we needed to pick up Maddy from the airport so we decided to head to the botanical gardens. We walked through the cactus house and fern garden before we spotted a big lizard on the path. We were bent over taking pictures when we heard another noise behind us. I turned to see an even bigger lizard running towards me and jumped about 6ft in the air!

    After the gardens we went in search of a Dominos for some $5 pizzas which we took to the park to eat. It was quite funny tucking into the pizza whilst lots of people around us were exercising. We did feel a little bit bad but not bad enough to stop stuffing our faces. After the sun disappeared we watched some Netflix in the car before making our way to the airport. With Maddy eventually at the pick up area we got her in the car and made our way to Byron. With the hours time difference and getting slightly lost finding the house we eventually arrived around 12.30am.
    Read more