Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 270

    Day 12 - #Thatchersontour - Sydney

    December 28, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    We hadn't had chance to pick up any breakfasty bits so we went out for breakfast to a cafe I found on Trip Advisor called Trio. When we arrived we were told there was a 40 minute wait however they managed to squeeze us in in only 20 minutes. I'm not surprised that people wait for this place as the food is absolutely amazing. I had a vegetarian breakfast which came with sourdough toast, poached eggs, feta in truffle oil, tomatoes, kale and spinach whilst Simon had Nutella French toast with caramelised bananas. We are going to have to come eat here again!

    Stuffed to the seams with brekkie, we headed over to Manly for the afternoon. After picking up the Thatcher's some opal cards we hopped on the bus to Circular Quay and from there we got the ferry across to Manly. From the river you get a great view back over the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge.

    In Manly, we headed straight to the beach and set up our towels on the incredibly busy beach. You can certainly tell that it's the holidays now. Long gone are the days when Simon and I were the only people on the beach. The lifeguards were warning people that there had been a number of bluebottle jellyfish washing up on to the beach so it was best not to swim if you didn't want to get stung. That was enough for Simon and I however Tom braved it and returned an hour later unscathed. On the way back home, we stopped off at Woolies and grabbed some bits for dinner for a nice quiet evening back at the apartment.
    Read more