Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Arizona Hot Springs and Virgin

    April 11, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Final day! Was up early to start work and hop on a zoom call. Then packed up, checked out, argued over stopping to eat and then to the Arizona hot springs on the other side of Hoover Dam. Words cannot describe the beauty. It was a 3mile hike in to a series of 4 hot springs…. Down a ladder and a short hike further brought you to the freezing cold Colorado River (where Andrey swam…. Not I). A quick soak in the springs, one last stop for a jet boil coffee and then hike back to the car. On the way back we were greeted at the top of a boulder by two golden retrievers….. felt so good to hug and play with them. This is the first trip Hailey won’t be waiting for me when I arrive home.
    We dropped the car back off at Budget rental and got a Lyft to Virgin Hotel (formerly Hard Rock). I wanted a quiet hotel without a casino but it wasn’t the case and check in was arduous as was the 1/2 mile walk to opal tower. However, the room was really nice and great for plane watching. We walked across the street for some quick Mexican food and then back to the hotel to pack. Tomorrow is back to New Brunswick for me!
    Read more