Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Roque

    August 6, 2023 in the United States

    Great day! Even though the weather hasn’t been warm (by my standards) it has still been enjoyable and my foul weather gear has got lots of use!
    We had a pot wrapped around the prop from yesterday’s sail and Brian had to gear up for cold water and take the plunge to unsnag us. There is a cold water advisory warning people not to go into the waters due to the low temperatures. He was brave!!
    We revelled in the sun (and no wind) afterwards untill the wind picked up.
    Off to a shack on shore to do a pastel and then on the way back to the boat we detoured to say hi to a fishing boat that had come into this secluded anchorage. Chad and his family were relaxing for the day. The told us that there was a path to the lighthouse behind the shack, and after he promised to bring us lobster, we headed back to the shack.
    Went for a walk down the wooden path to the lighthouse — a beautiful sight.
    Then onto the stressful, lobster pot filled waterway to Roque island. The waterway inlet gave way to a gorgeous beach and some warm and protected waters. Fishing boats were rafted together, so once we got settled, we decided to go visit them and head to the beach to clean the hairy scum off the dingy. One of the boats gave us 3 lobsters (Brian asked if they had extra). They were cooked so we feasted in the beach before dealing with the dingy and heading back to Lorena.
    We had a bit more to eat before the guitar came out and I wafted off to lala land.
    Read more