Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Shirley Heights

    December 13, 2023 in Antigua and Barbuda ⋅ 🌬 27 °C

    On our full day we decided that we would hike to Shirley Heights. Isabelle can by and this time be had a gf quiche so we had that and Brian’s croissants, along with the papaya, passion fruit and banana yogurt and granola breakfast. Power up before the hike.
    We sunscreened up, packed some food and water and set out! It was about 8km all together and lots of fun chatting, exploring, and taking some photos. Brian did a pastel of a photo he took in Guadeloupe yesterday, so perhaps he will do a few more from photos.
    We walked the road up but a trail on the way down (where I discover land crabs), then a nice walk on Galiean Beach and back up to meet the road (with a brief stop for me in a gift shop (clean the beach youth NGO) and then to meet up with Brian as he walked towards Nelson’s to check on the sails.
    We went to A&F and the sails were ready but Franklin wasn’t back so we settled ourselves at a cafe with our regular drink orders — flat water for me and bubbly for Brian.
    Once he paid for the sails we got a drive to the AYC, got the sails loaded onto the tender and back up onto Lorena. It was blowing pretty hard so we decided not to put them up, but lashed them to the deck.
    Brian washed his feet of the sand and I spontaneously decided to dive in the water. My last swim. We did our 3 laps, took a shower on the transom and then went about preparing a salmon dinner…… while cooking Brian played guitar, and a smile emerged across my face as I realized it was Christmas music. So beautiful— he played his Canadian Christmas CD while we ate and then I finished packing for the morning departure.
    Read more