Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Chain Hair

    January 20 in Antigua and Barbuda ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    We are still trying to decide if we leave or stay. The last few nights have been really difficult to sleep as the boat was rolling so much. One of the concerns is all the growth on the chain and not being able to get it off, while lifting the anchor (and allowing the chain down the hospipe).
    I wish I had taken a before and after picture. It was dirty and difficult to remove, but after lots of scrubbing it came off. The growth was only on the first 30-40 feet of chain. We used the wash down pump to rinse and clean the chain, but later realized it was not connected properly and had flooded the V-berth. We also has a problem with the bilge pump coming on but not pumping water. Both were fixable.
    After washing the chain and moving the boat about 500ft closer to the channel, I had stuff all over me and biting, so I jumped into the water and Brian followed. We had a good swim and did our 7 laps.
    Then we lounged on the boat and decided that to head to shore. Brian was going to do a pastel and then we were heading to Sushi at AYC.
    Maria met us at AYC and we had some G&T and chatted for quite awhile while Nicolas was at TOT.
    We made plans to connect again for yoga in the morning.
    Read more