Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Windows and Rain

    January 29 in Antigua and Barbuda ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Up early and on Brian’s trip back from the bathroom, found out that Chris’s kids were sick so he would be to the boat early. He started around 7:45, but rain persisted all morning…. Causing leaks inside the boat as the windows were open.
    We have been having a problem with aft head (back toilet), and when it’s pumped out it smells up the galley (kitchen) and salon (livingroom) area. The aft toilet is for pee and goes overboard, the forward toilet is for #2 and goes to a holding tank. We are trying to switch the aft to the holding tank to see if that solves the smell but the lever is corroded.
    All three windows out and the rotting wood dug out. Filmed my Yoga with Adriene video and posted to Instagram… haven’t been very active on Facebook or Insta.
    Went to Budget Marine and bought new glass and drug it back to the boat on a trolley. We also bought hose for the wash down pump but didn’t get the measurement quite right.
    It rained on and off all day so we popped the windows back in to keep it dry and prevent mosquitoes.
    Bread fruit was on the menu — Brian Roasted in the BBQ (and I accidentally dropped a piece in the water). It was good — definitely a do over.
    Read more