Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Storms Coming

    February 7 in Guadeloupe ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    We had hoped to go to Trafalgar Falls but Brian has been nervous about the storm and sent out several email last night, on to weather guru Chris Parker. In the morning he woke to a message saying to be out of Dominica by today at Sundown.
    With that info, we made haste in leaving the anchorage in the early morning hours, around 7am, and headed 45 miles North to Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe. We anchored outside of the Bas du Fort Marina and got chased away by Stephane on the catamaran, and found a spot in a crowded area, close to the museum…. So many derelict boats around! We went to check in and hopefully get laundry. Issue with the Dingy dock and check in lead to lots of tension between Brian and I…. After a long walk, I cooled down and all was fine again. We went to get water and then decided to see if we could find a Doctor for his finger. Luckily we did and he got to use his French with people in the waiting room and the Doc. The finger looks ok and he suggested it was too covered up and gave a prescription for some antiseptic wash and special bandaids.
    After the Doctor we went to a restaurant and had lamb and duck in the waterfront. The same one that we bought water… and meant Steve (Aussie) and Anne (France) travelling on there Catamaran with plans to go around the world (with there dog) or at least the Straights of Timor.
    Off to the all to small dingy dock to travel back to Lorena. We are close to the slave museum which we may go to tomorrow.
    Read more