Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 36

    Sundowner

    February 18 in Martinique ⋅ 🌬 28 °C

    More boat chores today, glossing the window frames, reassembling the BBQ and work, work of chatting with Lisa G about FTHS, and also a therapist appointment (Sébastien) on Zoom. The boat next to us, Kalunamoo, who was also beside us in Dominica, came by and invited us over for a sun downer at 5pm.
    We decided to head into Saint Anne and explore the area, but as it was Sunday, groceries were closed as were restaurants, but trinket/ tourist shops were open.
    We wandered around and walked a big loop around the town, after Brian made a purchase of a bongo drum and t-shirt.
    With cautions of theft we have been locking the dinghy and when we got back we didn’t see it, but it was stuck under the dock, with rising tide. With little effort we got it out, but scratched the top of the engine.
    Back to the boat, went for a swim and did another coat of varnish on the window trim. I made chesse, crackers, fig jam, etc… to bring to Kalunamoo and we headed over. Another couple (from the UK, on a Moody) were already there. We didn’t stay overly long… the discussion was a lot about the weather system that had passed through, the chaos it caused and how salty dawgs and (Chris Parker — weather guru) handled it.
    We left and headed back to Lorena to have supper and watch the final bit of Mid Summer Nights Dream.
    Read more