Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 24

    Kakadu - Yellow Water Dawn Cruise

    3. syyskuuta 2017, Australia ⋅ 🌙 27 °C

    We were up just after 5.30am to get ready to our Sunrise Yellow Waters Cruise and had just enough time before we left for the bus stop to give Joey his Father's Day cards and gift. The shuttle bus was leaving at 6.20 for the 6.45 cruise.

    The way the mist hung jus above the water was spectacular, and as the sun rose you could see where the name Yellow Waters comes from. There was so much more wildlife than we had seen yesterday. It's amazing how the guides can spot even the smallest bird. We were lucky enough to see a highly endangered King Fisher several times. With numbers estimated at less then 6000 world wide it was a special treat to capture a few photos.

    The girls were in awe of the setting, Joe had a nap and Jon was taking a few photos while I wandered around the boat looking for photo opportunities. It was a lovely morning! With the breakfast cruise only costing $9 more than the others we were expecting a Kellogg's breakfast box and milk for breakfast but we were thrilled to find out there was a buffet breakfast waiting for us when we got back! And by the time we got back we were all famished!

    With a forecast 38 degrees we decided to keep the rest of the Father's day low key and get a few things done before we head off to Nitmaluk tomorrow. We got a few things done at the van then spent a good hour or so in the pool. We came back and discussed our plans for the next couple of days before we got ready to go to the on site restaurant for a Father's Day dinner.

    The starter we chose for the grown ups was called the Kakadu Tasting Plate. It consisted of

    Buffalo terrine, pickled crocodile, emu pate, smoked kangaroo, buffalo mozzarella, Davidson plum pickle, Muntries chutney and a damper!

    It was definitely different and we enjoyed most of it although we unanimously agreed the emu pate was not a favourite.

    After dinner it was back to the van for some packing up, blog writing time for the girls and ready for bed early before another travelling day tomorrow.
    Lue lisää