Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Mataranka to Banka Banka Station

    September 6, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    We got up this morning, had breakfast and headed down to the springs for one last swim. Mataranka has definitely been a favourite on the trip so far. After we dried off we jumped in the car and headed off about 10am towards Banka Banka Station. The girls got started on some homework early which was good although Paige didn't last long.

    We stopped at The Daly Waters Pub for lunch on the way. It's such a nice place to stop and a little surreal given how many times we've seen it on TV and online. I had hoped to take a few photos of the Wild red tailed black cockatoos that frequent the area but they were off somewhere else and we weren't waiting around.

    Apart from a couple of toilet breaks and a fuel stop at Renner Creek we made pretty good time, arriving at Banka Banka at about 4.30. No pool here but the girls didn't take long to go see their camel and donkey friends. Joe had a good chat to a guy from Mildura and the girls got their cat fix patting his cat Mo who travels with them happily on a lead.

    Sausages and salad for dinner then toasting marshmallows by the camp fire will be in order. An early night with a big day of driving tomorrow and the next day as we head towards the Daintree.
    Read more