Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Driving Mt Isa

    September 7, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    We were up at 6am, put the girls in the car in their PJ's and headed towards Mt Isa. We stopped at the Barkly Roadhouse for some pricey fuel and some breakfast in the van. We also spotted an Aviary with a couple of Red Tailed Black Cockatoos which the girls got a kick out of.

    We continued on. A lot of long straight roads with some changes in the landscape but not changing as quickly as other part of the trip. One thing we did notice was that we were on a slow but steady assent from the Lake Eyre Basin. We crossed the Queensland boarder around 1pm then made a quick stop in Camooweal for lunch. The girls caught up on some homework and reading and begrudgingly took a break from their much loved DVD players.

    Between the slow climb and strong head winds we discovered the car was going through fuel much faster and we just made it to Mt Isa as the fuel light came on!

    We filled up and went to the Big 4 (after google maps sent us to the wrong caravan park). We arrived about 4.30 and had enough daylight left to get some washing done before dinner.

    Early to bed, ready for another big driving day tomorrow.
    Read more