Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    Driving to Talawahl Creek Rest Area

    September 28, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    We packed up and headed off towards home, no planned overnight stop point. Just playing it by ear.

    We left Byron Bay a little after 9.30am and headed towards our only planned stop a pre organised look at another bird aviary that has a lot to do with Black Cockatoos. Casuarina Parrot Gardens is 20 minutes west of Grafton. We stopped for a bite of lunch in the way.

    When we arrived we were able to wander around and take a good look at the avian themselves. The property in sloped and the aviaries are built to suit which is what we have been looking at ideas of how to do successfully. Noddy and her late husband Neville built a beautiful collection of Black Cockatoos, Macaws and Amazons among other birds (and dogs). We spent about an hour and a half looking and talking to Noddy and getting some great ideas!

    We hit the road, very tempted to push through to get home but decided to stop before dinner. As we went through Coffs Harbour the girls were very excited to see the Big Banana but there was nowhere for south bound traffic to stop so we kept going.

    We decided to stop at the Talawahl Creek Rest Area just south of Taree. We arrived at 6pm and jumped in the van, quick showers and chicken wraps for dinner followed by Legend of the Gardians (DVD) and Brave (DVD) then hopefully a good night sleep!

    We're all looking forward to getting home in the morning! Should be about a 2 1/2 hour drive!!
    Read more