Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 50

    Home!

    September 29, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 22 °C

    After a restless night with a refrigerator truck parking close by for the night, we were up at 7.45am and on the road by 8.30am. With a stop for fuel and a quick stop at the workshop on the way, we were home in around three hours. The girls were very excited when they realised we were in Hexham and over the moon when they saw the Singleton sign.

    After spending a few minutes with the animals we got the car and van unpacked and started washing. The house was spotless and everything was taken care of by Joe's niece who house sat for us and looked after all our animals while we were away.

    Over the next couple of weeks I hope to put all my numbers together but at the moment we have travelled 12,604km over 50 days and I've taken about 5500 photos!

    It has been the most amazing, incredible journey to places I only ever dreamed I would see and experience. Our little girls have learned and seen so much and Joe has loved all but the really long driving days. It has been an experience we will remember always. And one that has inspired many trips to come. But for now we're all really glad to be back. There really is no place like home.

    (Photos are of our spot for our last night and our bags of dirt/sand from every place we've stayed throughout our First Australian Adventure)
    Read more