Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Rome Day 2 - Tiber and Hadrianium

    May 28, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 90 °F

    The Tiber River, flowing through the heart of Rome, holds a significant place in the city's history and culture. Spanning a length of about 406 kilometers, the river winds its way through picturesque landscapes and urban settings. It has witnessed the rise and fall of ancient civilizations, serving as a vital waterway for trade and transportation. Along its banks, iconic landmarks such as St. Peter's Basilica and the Castel Sant'Angelo stand as testaments to the river's influence on the city's architectural heritage. Today, the Tiber River offers a serene escape from the bustling city, with riverside promenades and bridges providing picturesque views. Whether taking a leisurely stroll along its banks or enjoying a boat ride on its waters, the Tiber River is an integral part of Rome's identity, connecting the past and the present in a flowing narrative.

    The Hadrianium, also known as the Temple of Hadrian, is a remarkable ancient structure located in Rome, Italy. Built in 145 AD, during the reign of Emperor Hadrian, this temple was dedicated to the deified Hadrian after his death. Today, only a few remnants of the temple survive, but they still showcase the grandeur and architectural finesse of the Roman Empire. The entrance of the temple is adorned with intricately carved marble reliefs depicting scenes from mythological stories and historical events. The main feature of the temple was a towering Corinthian column that served as a testament to the emperor's legacy.
    Read more