Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Kayaking on river Krutynia

    June 21, 2021 in Poland ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    We got up before 5am again, watched Stanislaw moving his bees while sipping a coffee and hit the road to Gizycko where we had breakfast at the lake. Then our "special" day started. We wanted to cycle to Krutyn to go kayaking. It was only about 65km, but about half of it on sand, gravel or even cobble stone. It was still a lot better than yesterday, as most of it was in the forest. And all of a sudden, we got prove that there's elks here in Poland. We saw one slowly moving in the field, so we could watch and even take a photo :)
    The route itself was diverse and scenic, we passed many lakes again, saw nice campspots and sailing boats, especially in Mikolajki.
    In Krutyn, we changed our bikes to a kayak. It was really nice to paddle on the water in this heat. And also to use some other muscles. The river itself was cool as it's left in its natural state with many trees, reed, water lilies etc. We also saw duck and swan families floating around.
    After our kayaking adventure, we didn't feel like riding anymore, stayed at a campground in the village and went to a restaurant for dinner.
    Read more