Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Butt killer roads

    June 22, 2021 in Poland ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Time to go North and find the Green Velo again. We navigated ourselves via some remote roads and forest trails, passed many lakes again and found lots of funny wood carvings in the villages. The route was continuously rolling and it was brutally hot again.
    In Lidzbark Warminski, we found the Green Velo signs again which we want to follow to Elblag. We had our lunch break with icecream, Radler and (probably) a final swim in a fresh water lake on this trip. Then we continued on the Velo and really wondered who the hell has planned this route. First, we had to cycle on some very bad and lose gravel, so we moved super slowly. Afterwards, we came to an endless "paved" road, one of the worst we have ever seen. It felt more like riding on cobble stones.
    In Gorowo Ilaweckie, we wanted to check into a hotel as there'll be a thunderstorm during the night. However, there weren't any suitable options in town. The nearest accommodation was 5km South where we came from - so we cycled back on that "butt-killing" road. Unfortunately, they had no room available and due to a lack of other options, we camped in their garden. Luckily, we still managed to cook dinner and pitch the tent. Now we are lying in the tent hoping it will survive the storm and protect us from the heavy rain.
    Read more