Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13 Mathiba & Sedie 2

    October 4, 2017 in Botswana ⋅ ☀️ 35 °C

    We have settled into something of a routine now as we no longer need to pack up bags and tents. Breakfast by 6.45 and ready to depart for the schools by 7.30, carrying our lunch boxes and water. It is going to be another hot day, well up in the high 30s.

    The Sitatunga vehicles dropped us off at Mathiba Primary and after an initial wait Headmaster Noah allocated 2 Standard 2 and 3 classes to us. Soon we had broken up into pairs and were working with groups of up to 8 students either reading or playing learning games. Everybody had fun and really enjoyed this session.

    By 11.00 it was time to say goodbye to our little friends and walk around to Sedie School where we had our 'break' before moving to shared English and Maths classes. We had a late lunch under a tree in the car park. In the afternoon we spent time in the computer room with our allocated buddies, chatting and playing games.

    On the way back to Sitatunga we again went shopping in the Spar supermarket. Water and snacks for the next day. Back in time for a swim or clothes wash before dinner.

    It had been a good day of relating to Batswana of all ages. The Oxley students made a very positive contribution and could be pleased with their efforts - as the staff were.
    Read more