Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Travel day. Home to Kochi

    December 20, 2022 in England ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    I'm including this day only because it bookends the whole trip itself but nothing very exciting happened.

    We left home at 9am with a taxi to Stroud railway station for the train to Paddington and then the Heathrow express to the airport. We checked in and went through to the lounge. There was a short delay to our boarding and we eventually left just after 2:30 p.m..

    I had a couple of gin zings as an aperitif and then what turned out to be quite a nice meal. The flight took around 9 1/2 hours and we landed on time just after 5:30 a.m. in the morning in Chennai.

    We didn't have much time and after immigration collected our bags and checked in at the domestic terminal for our short flight to Kochi. Pretty impressed with the efficiency of the airline itself and less than an hour after taking off we were landing at our destination.

    Our bags came through quickly and we left the airport and booked a taxi to our hotel. The driving in India wasn't as bad as I remember it, although it wasn't like anything you'd see in the UK and the trip itself took about 90 minutes. Fortunately we were able to check in to our hotel after a short wait despite it being only 11: 30am and after that we settle down to try and get some sleep.
    Read more