Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Tadoba Andhari NP to Pench NP

    January 9, 2023 in India ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    A leisurely start this morning with breakfast at 8 having already packed.

    The journey was a distance of 180 miles and was due to take around 5 hours. We retraced our steps from Waghoba to Nagpur and then circuited the city and continued to head north. The landscape started to charge and we began climbing the hills with Pench national park on our left. After about 30 minutes of a windy dual carriageway we turned off the road for a final 30 minutes on more local roads and arrived at the lodge at around 1.30pm.

    The lodge is set into 40 acres of land and the accommodation is well spread out and discretely built. We have a tree house with a lovely balcony in the forest canopy. The whole thing moves slightly when you move around but it's got all mod cons including air conditioning (which we don't need) and hot water!

    There was nothing planned for the afternoon and so we spent it relaxing in the bar area and eating.... first lunch and then dinner after watching a BBC documentary filmed in Pench. We headed back to the room at about 10 to find the staff had been in again and left the heater on (it's much cooler here at night) and hot water bottles in the bed! Another early start tomorrow.
    Read more