Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Mount Fuji - part 1

    March 30 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    I think we learnt a very important lesson today... Japanese people eat very early... But more of that to come.

    We had an early ish start And went for breakfast which was Japanese style. Now whilst there was some tasty stuff on the platter as is evidenced by the photo, breakfast consisted of a mix of meso soup, green tea, rice, smoked fish and smother plant-based offerings. It wasn't disgusting but equally it wouldn't be my choice for breakfast in the future.

    After breakfast we walked to the train station to catch the one stop to Kowaguchiko. On arriving there we purchased a ticket which allowed us to hop on and hop off a number of buses in the area. We started by taking a bus to the end of the red line and seeing some amazing views of Mount Fuji along with lots of Taurus.

    Next we were back on to the red line service to take us to the ropeway which is the Japanese name for cable car. We queued for about an hour before we actually managed to take the trip up the mountain.

    At the top it was pretty busy and so we decided to walk up the hill further to see a shrine. To be honest it wasn't what we were expecting and so we returned back to the top level before getting a further cable car back down to the lake area.

    We caught another bus back to the town and found a bar for some food and a beer!
    Read more