Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Mosnes to Saint-Laurent Nouan

    June 16, 2017 in France ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    The morning started with a10km pre-breakfast ride. Breakfast was a much-relished picnic beside the Loire - spotted a small hawk or falcon hovering for prey while being dive bombed by swallows. Another 20km brought us to the beautiful Blois with its grey on grey decor, very light grey stone capped with very dark grey slate. Having very fortuitously run across an excellent Award winning bakery (morning tea -choc Eclair and great croissant - best yet!), we grabbed a coffee and proceeded through the old town to the chateau for lunch in the grounds (baguette & quiche Lorraine from said award winning bakery).
    Have I mentioned that this is a non-stop foodie tour?
    We have not toured through any of the chateaux as we did this some years ago. Orleans will be our first new territory.
    Our hotel is a bit away from the main cycle route, and after we crossed the river at Muides we struggled along a very poor section of track (poor, he says? - understatement! It was single track) (as you know she tends to exaggerate) until we could bail out onto the fairly busy road for the last few km.
    62km, 350m climbing.
    Total about 420km.
    Read more