Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 38

    Day 38 - Frejus to Antibes, 34 miles

    May 23, 2016 in France ⋅ 🌬 21 °C

    Stunning ride along the rocky coastline of the French Riviera today all with the snow capped Alps in the background. Very up and down ride as you dive down to one bay then climb back up and dive down to the next. Very very windy though with gusts of 40mph+ so the beaches despite the blue sky and 20+ degrees were empty.

    Some of the houses along the the coastline are incredible and the bike is a great way to see then all and be nosey. Where do these people get there money!? Cannes was the biggest town and good place for lunch and wander around. The film festival finished yesterday so the whole place was being dismantled. Plenty of tourists still around though and the famous red carpet was still in place.

    Antibes was my destination for the evening and beautiful old town which is buzzing due to having one of the biggest ports in the area. Also where all the boat crews stop, party and try and get work. Had a good night with a few of them and interesting listening to their stories from the guts working and having Dicaprio party on their yacht during Cannes to the guys still trying to find work. Some serious wedge available though for the guys who get work.

    Short ride to Nice tomorrow that I can already see round the bay and looking forward to spending a couple of days there.
    Read more