Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Tar, Trains & Terminals

    June 22, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 10 °C

    Another heavy fog and frost to remind us just what season it is, winter. After some final packing, cleaning up and securing the house we ventured forth, to Yenda to get fuel, before hitting the highway. Fog all the way to Ardlethan. Funny how the only people who drive in fog without their lights on are the ones travelling at 60km/hr.
    After that it was clear sailing all the way to Sydney, just stopping at Temora for a coffee & rest-stop lunch at Goulburn, thermos & home made sandwiches.
    Arrived at Therrie & Ross's about 3.30 and after a quick freshen up we took the first of many, walk, with bags, to the train station. Pretty quiet with most folks going away from the city, not heading in. A quick change of trains at Wollei Creek and then we are at the International Terminal. Didnt have to wait too long before Justin arrives from his long journey from the city. Shortly after Louisa arrives from her flight from Wagga. All good, off to check in and then had to stand in queue for nearly 1 hour before our turn at the counter. Lucky everything was in order and we were processed quick smart. Straight through immigration & security, only Ross got the full scan machine. Had time for a quick sandwich & drink before time to board. Justin had done a few magic tricks & got us seats with a vacant seat between each pair so we werent all squashed in, despite the plane being almost full.

    Fog, Frost then fine & sunny about 16C in Yenda & 20C in Sydney.
    Read more