Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Rio de Janeiro

    November 27, 2018 in Brazil ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    Snow back home in Munich! Why bother? I’m about to enjoy a caipirinha at one of the most famous beaches on the planet: Praia de Copacabana 🇧🇷

    The iconic boardwalk, the clean blue ocean and the jutting mountains make for the classic Rio beach experience. And if there's a fashion theme here, it's "minimalist"👙 Across the street, there are delicious restaurants, but just because you've stepped off the beach, that doesn't mean that people have stopped wearing their beach outfits.

    So whether you want to soak in the sun, go for a swim, grab a caipirinha or just watch beautiful girls in tiny bikinis 😉, Copacabana beach is a must-see while in Rio!

    And don’t forget to check out the world’s most beautiful staircase: The Escadaria Selarón. A staircase covered in 2,000 pieces of colorful tiles, mirrors and ceramics donated from all over the world. In 2013 the Chilean-born artist Selaron, who transformed the stairway into one of Rio’s most popular tourist attractions, was found dead on the mosaic staircase he spent 20 years creating. Now, the steps serve as a source of optimism and inspiration as well as a reminder of the artist who created them.
    Read more