Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 71

    Relaxing ar the Bolivian Copacabana

    December 18, 2017 in Bolivia ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    After our brief pit stop in Puno and visiting the Uros Islands there, we moved on over the Peruvian-Bolivian border to stay at Copacabana, on the Bolivian coast of Lake Titicaca. The border crossing was interesting: you take a bus to the border, then you have to get off the bus, walk 100m across the border and then get back onto the bus. Not the most efficient procedure - but certainly convenient for the border police who don’t even have to get out of their checkpoint buildings.

    After the long journey and the overnight bus, we decided to invest a bit more into our stay at Copacabana. For $40 a night we stayed in a suite at a lovely hotel (Hotel Cupula), with our own little fireplace :-) The hotel also had a great garden with a slackline (so we didn’t need to put our own up :-)) and two lamas - time for Bertram’s first lama selfie :-)

    We spent the day relaxing and calling family and friends. Bertram learned, that he’ll be best man to Martin at his wedding in July - very happy about that :-)

    For a change, we decided not to hike up the nearby mountains :-) After Peru, we’re both a bit “hiked out” for the moment :-)
    Read more