Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 149

    Time to say goodbye...and see you again

    March 6, 2018 in Indonesia ⋅ 🌧 22 °C

    Finally, the day had come when we had to say goodbye to Nusa Lembongan, the Santosha Yoga School, the Monkey Surf surf school - and everyone connected to these places and our great time here.

    But we are obviously happy as our travels still entail three highlights and a lot of people asked us about our plans and, thus, we said over and over again what we were up to. Therefore, excitement for Kuala Lumpur, Laos, and Iran is on an all-time high :-)

    I spent the morning with a last yoga practice and observed the beach dogs playing in the ocean. We then packed our backpacks again - first time in nearly 4 weeks :-) Our ferry left at 12:30 and we met a couple of familiar faces again. Nursula (now fellow yoga teacher 🧘🏼‍♀️ :-)) and her husband Ray even gifted us two hats against the heat - we looked more like Texans than Bali tourists ;-)

    We spent 6 hours at the airport as the early ferry was the only one and we did not feel like hanging around any other random place before going to the airport to fly to Kuala Lumpur. The airport offered entertainment on a couple of levels: Bertram played in the children’s corner, we read about the dangers of drinking too little while using the bathroom (the airport nicely provides inform graphics), got to stock up our water supplies, ate at an Autogrill restaurant (almost like home in Europe ;-)), ...

    Kuala Lumpur, here we’ll come!
    Read more