Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Eastern Port of Auckland

    March 24, 2023 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 57 °F

    Today's excursion took me to all parts of Auckland. I'm starting with the eastern part where we started. Lots of fun facts. Surprise or not, I took notes along the way because I wouldn't remember it all at the end of the trip. I'm just going to list the info, and it should fall in line with the pictures too.
    - 200k cars are offloaded yearly in Auckland 😮
    - The driver David kept calling the traffic cones witch's hats. 😆
    - There were some small marina houses (not pictured because it didn't come out as well on a moving van) that cost three quarter of a million dollars. Because they're classified as historical, they can't be torn down; they can only be renovated. They aren't worth it based on what I saw.
    - The houses are from the richest part of town. The low end starts at $3 million (yellow house). The pink house is owned by one of the women from the show Real House Wives of New Zealand.
    - The mountain in the backgroud is a volcano actually. It's Mount Victoria. It's the tallest volcano on the island.
    - The body of water that you ser is Mission Bay or Helliers Point. Helliers Point had a 300ft pier at one time.
    The very last house: crazy fact. During the pandemic like many, they renovated the house. They lifted up the house and added a basement. 😲
    Read more